Re: ocr solutions

Can we as users use windows ocr natively itself?

Ie are there programs that use windows ocr themselves, that may be a way forward if at some point I decide not to upgrade.

All I will want is to scan the occasional picture, pdf or in fact maybe scan things like I do with nvda and copy them over.

The windows ocr seems to be reasonable, at least most of the time.

Its always been in the back of my mind that windows ocr should be usable in other ways to.

I do have knfb reader and I do use that for some images and it does what I need.

I have codex which uses the calibre and seems to be able to decode some image pdfs.

Maybe its something I have to research.

All I would need is a way to scan an image or other document, say a pdf  and convert it to a text or word file.

Google ocr is another thing I guess I could use on the go, so maybe I will look into that a bit to.

I would like something that could describe pictures, and maybe have me able to edit the descriptions and maybe using alt text or something or am I getting to carried away?

On 14/01/2020 7:56 am, Gene wrote:
There is confusion on the subject.  There is an add-on to provide OCR for versions of Windows lower than Windows 10.  Windows 10 has its own OCr, so the add-on is no longer used.
for purchase.