Re: abbyy fine reader 15 issues

Yeah, now you really don't want to many sounds or at least similar sounds.

Like in thunderbird which uses the same sound for chat and mail which I'd actually do something about but I don't chat in that so I don't need to.

Sometimes I find to much speech a bit disruptive.

On 14/01/2020 9:59 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I actually work faster with sound not speach. I would if I could speak in sound alone as my brain processes sound way way faster than speach, it always has. I'm weird but ther you go.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 13 Jan 2020, at 11:43, Gene wrote:

However the user prefers, and that can be provided for in the choices, in a case like this, hearing some sort of verification is important.  If you are scanning a twenty page or a fifty page document, you shouldn't have to check the bottom of every new page to make sure it is different from the last page you added.

Also, regarding me wanting to hear the words, I don't want to remember that this tone means this, and that tone means that.  Just hearing a word like copy, cut and paste doesn't take any amount of time that matters.

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] abbyy fine reader 15 issues

Hmmm you know jean I am going to have to disagree with you.

I really concidder coppy and paste announcements to become after a while annoying for me to listen to.

As a compromise, I guess some tone would be fine especially if that could be customised.

Its why I am for some sort of event or theme manager in nvda with sound schemes like audiothemes but we can set up different events such as cut, copy paste, typing if we want, maybe have somethings that instead of speaking we get announcements.

Would be nice if we had haptic keyboards or mice or touchpads on desktops, that may work.

I do sometimes find to many spoken messages to be verbose and grating on my ears.

You may not however.

On 14/01/2020 7:52 am, Gene wrote:
I should add that its been a long time since I used that very old version.  I may be incorrect and you may have to delete the material before scanning new material.  You could probably cut it to the clipboard but if you are going to do that or the copy method, I would suggest that having Clip Speak is important.  You need verification of copy and paste so you can do these things with confidence.  You don't want to check every time you paste to be sure the correct material was pasted.  In short, if you hear that material is copied and then pasted, it will save time in checking the end of every page to make sure it is different from last time.  Just one more reason its long since time to have copy and paste announced as a part of NVDA.