From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pele West
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Excel and VBa 2010 Questions

Hi Cearbhall

Thank you so much for writing.

1. After I wrote my message I reloaded NVDA and the list of sheets appeared.

2. I do have the screen maximised. I know the code is there because I can
see it when I use Window-Eyes. The disappearing code seems to hapenn whether
or not I have 1 or lots of modules loaded.

3. This is an intermittent problem. If I launch Excel from Windows Explorer,
Excel opens in the selected workbook, then I am not able to change focus to
Windows Explorer, even though, when I press <Alt Tab> NVDA says it has
changed to Windows Explorer. NVDA also makes the sound which means something
is wrong.
I suspect this is a MicroSoft rather than an NVDA problem. I just included
it as I was asking my other questions.

I am upgrading to Windows 10 shortly and will not be able to resort to my
trusty Window-Eyes any more.

Pele

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 21:04:53 -0000
"Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Hi Pele,

My answers are indicated with the letter "A:" following your original
questions.

1. What is the trick in NVDA to go to a specific worksheet in a workbook?
I have a workbook containing nearly 150 worksheets and would like to
activate a sheet using its name. I can press <NVDA+F7> to bring up the
elements list and can see Worksheets, but it does not show me a list
of sheets.
A: Tab twice after you see 2Worksheets" and you will have all the
sheets listed there. Press the first letter of the desired worksheet
if you know its name.

2. Is there a way to stop VBA 2010 missing out lines in my code? I
seem to be able to find the line I want and then it disappears.
A: "Disappears"?
2.1. Have you maximised the screen?
2.2. Have you more than one module in the VBA editor? Try pressing
control+tab to see if the code comes back.
3. Try using NVDA+control +F to search the VBA script and see if your
code is thee.
2.4. Test to see if all your code is present by pressing
control+shift+end from the top of the document and copy the
highlighted text to Notepad++ and see if the text is actually present.

3. Recently Excel 2010 has been acting very strangely. If I am looking
at a worksheet or VBA macro and switch to another program it does not
appear to access it although the title bar says it has focus. The only
way I can resolve the situation is to close everything down.Can anyone
advise?
A: I'm not sure what you mean here. Is it that the other program
cannot be accessed or that you cannot return to the Excel screen?
Could yo clarify your meaning here?
3.1. Try maximising the Excel screen when you return to it.
3.2. Press the left alt key twice to refresh the NVDA focus and see if
that brings up the details of the screen.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e:
cearbhall.omeadhra@...