Re: State of the NvDA Remote add-on: NV Access sent patches to add-on authors

I am not sure.

There were at one point I think last year or maybe the year before people saying that someone used nvda remote to hack their computer moving round on a forum, but it could have been people fooling about.

I am unsure if this is still the case but right now saving passwords saves them clearly in text files and I am not sure if you can generate a random key or not, maybe you can.

I havn't fiddled with remote for ages now.

I think actually that you can.

Point is there is no encription on the remote and that could make the addon not secure in sertain situations.

Saying that, to use remote you actually need nvda running on a system but still.

That is probably the only argument.

There was a thing on size of nvda itself, not everything can be core because of size.

On 15/01/2020 2:02 pm, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Agreed. I still don't understand why it is not added to core. After all we have jaws tandem and no one complains about it. So why not nvda remote in nvda itself? This would be useful for us personal helpers too. I hear that feedback all the time on the phone, or on twitter etc.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 14 Jan 2020, at 16:35, Robert Kingett wrote:

This is the beauty of open source software. I only wish this could be added to the core without non profits and government people freaking out about it. I'm beyond happy this is an open source project. The add on, and the screen reader. I also, of course, understand why many see this add on as a possible security risk. While I don't think the same way, I can understand the need for high security assurance. Could multiple people from the NVDA community be in charge of that github page so they could review and merge changes if the developers become completely tired of it in the future?