Re: a question about the new edge browser

Hareth

Got the regular windows update installed, no new edge.
I did some lookup and found the online installer for it:
https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/downloadEdge.aspx?ProductreleaseID=Edge&platform=Default&version=Edge&source=EdgeInsiderPage&Channel=Stable&language=en

For sure, it did install the stable new edge and replaces the old one.
Enjoy.

On 1/15/20, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Hi all.

On the subject of edge, it may come past in the next update pass.

It is supposed to be out today.

Usually updates come out between 5 am and 8 am new zealand time, equate
that to your timezone.

There is a windowsupdate twitter and blog which will tell you to.

Currently if I search for edge I get a page which states thats its
almost there.

I'm not going to push it if it doesn't.

Yes you can install edge stable yourself, and you can also just as
quickly remove it.

I'd wait for the full system integrated  version myself.

There are a few pinned icons and links to word and other microsoft
online things to manage when you do at least with the stable version.

Some of these I do not personally like.

It does seam that you will have to make sure you reset your internet
brouser though after install as things became a little messed up after
install when I did it.

It will be interesting what this eventually does.

For myself I do wander things like what chrome will do and the
differences between it and chrome will truely be.

Most people in the house are chrome users and I am a waterfox user and
this will not change that much as everything we have is up there.

I fully presume microsoft edge will only allow native connection to
microsoft services but who knows.