Re: Elementary Question I'm afraid: How do I access the toolbars on screen with NVDA?

Clive Lever

Hi Jonathan,

Maybe I’m not using the right terms when I say I need to get to the toolbars, but here’s an example.

In Jaws and in NVDA, when you open a MS Word (.doc or .docx) file, you see the main text of the page you’re on. In jaws, you activate the Jaws cursor, and you see information such as headers, footers, etc, including the page number and word count of the file. How do you achieve a similar effect in NVDA, and how do you reverse it?

Thanks,

Clive

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hi all,

The subject line says it all. I apologise that this is probably an elementary question. I’m asking because I’ve only recently started using NVDA as my main Screenreader, and Jaws as secondary (only when I have to). Until recently I prioritised them the other way round.

Thanks,

Clive