Re: Elementary Question I'm afraid: How do I access the toolbars on screen with NVDA?

Clive Lever

Hi Jonathan,

Maybe I’m not using the right terms when I say I need to get to the toolbars, but here’s an example.

In Jaws and in NVDA, when you open a MS Word (.doc or .docx) file, you see the main text of the page you’re on. In jaws, you activate the Jaws cursor, and you see information such as headers, footers, etc, including the page number and word count of the file. How do you achieve a similar effect in NVDA, and how do you reverse it?

Thanks,

Clive

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Elementary Question I'm afraid: How do I access the toolbars on screen with NVDA?

I usually avoid tool bars and go directly to menus, that being said, I don’t think that either JAWS or NVDA does any special functioning to access them. So, did you try the keystroke you were using in JAWS? Also, might help if you indicate the program you are having issues with.

Jonathan

Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Elementary Question I'm afraid: How do I access the toolbars on screen with NVDA?

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hi all,

The subject line says it all. I apologise that this is probably an elementary question. I’m asking because I’ve only recently started using NVDA as my main Screenreader, and Jaws as secondary (only when I have to). Until recently I prioritised them the other way round.

Thanks,

Clive

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.