Re: Accessible password managers, again.

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

While it's true that 1password has cloud options, and keypass is local, 1password makes password syncing between devices much easier. Moreover, 1password is secured with a key and now also with 2FA, thus making the likelihood that my password gets compromised that much more unlikely. In fact, I trust 1password with its layers of security over just about any other cloud provider which I might choose to use to store my database and have it synced. And yes, I could choose to just keep it offline, but that just isn't convenient. :-D

Tyler's right though, everyone should make those considerations for themselves about what level of risk they are willing to tolerate, and how they choose to perceive the risk.

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,

My go to will always be key pass.

Free, open source, ability to put your database *wherever* you want, easy to run on any operating system of your choice and lots of configuration options.

I will never touch 1 password – for one it’s paid – and for 2 having my passwords in the cloud when that cloud could be breached at any moment much easier than my database on a thumb drive, and has been before. Why have a password manager at all in that case?

That is, of course, my opinion, and common sense is still one’s best friend.