Re: screen search again

Hi,

NVDA’s find dialog is limited to places where browse mode can be invoked.

As for search history, the issue I mentioned may have to do with the GUI toolkit we are using (NVDA is powered by wxPython, the Python implementation of wxWidgets). Also, note that NVDA isn’t an English screen reader – it is used by thousands in different languages, hence if something goes odd in one input system for a language, it will lead to decisions (in some cases) to pull a feature from release until a better solution is found (such is the case with search history).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Darren Harris via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] screen search again

Well, window eyes had this functionality as standard. So I don’t really see what’s so different here?

On 16 Jan 2020, at 15:29, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

A few months ago the combo box you are talking about (search history) did exist under development snapshots. However it was found that it didn’t allow people typing in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and additional languages to perform searches (or rather, delete search texts being typed). As a result, search history was removed.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Darren Harris via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] screen search again

Ok so I tried the incert ctrl plus f command. That works but if there’s a combo box to show previous search strings I can’t seem to find them.

Any help here?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.