Re: NVDA not reading Spell Checker fields

Quentin Christensen

Ah that makes sense - I wondered that you were getting such different behaviour from what should be essentially the same version of Word.

I must admit, and probably from having just been writing the Word training material I jumped straight there and never considered Outlook, my apology!

I have Outlook sitting there just waiting for me to set it up as I have been concentrating on Word lately, so I shall have to have a play with Outlook and see how it goes.  It looks like between you and Joseph, you've investigated it fairly thoroughly so I expect to find problems with spell check in Outlook as you have described.

The two places then to report this, are the NVDA GitHub issue tracker and Microsoft.

For GitHub, go here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

I can see there is an issue relating to Outlook 2007 and spell check which looks similar: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2070

For Microsoft, I have reported bugs both on Twitter to Microsoft Accessibility: @MSFTEnable and also via the disability answer desk: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/answerdesk/accessibility

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

When I mentioned this issue, I was referring to both programs, but put emphasis in Word.

Cheers,

Joseph