Re: Confusion Over Chrome Based Edge Browser

Well there are 3 branches.

Aparently there is a way, however to make it more of a mess.

I downloaded chromium stable, aparently a few places have autobuild sites.

Bar a few api keys needed for features, chromium is the same as chrome without some of the google features, and edge with the microsoft features.

Apart the only reason a user wouldn't use chromium over chrome or edge is that there are no official binaries published and it doesn't seem to autoupdate itself.

However, chromium standard form can be used by anyone so its going to be an interesting year.

On 21/01/2020 8:37 am, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I downloaded betas of the Chrome based Edge Browser over the past few months.  I also see a reference on Desktop and in the start applications menu to Edge DEV or Edge Beta.  I brought this about myself because of being adventurous enough to try the new Edge.

How do I know which one is the Chrome Based Browser and which one is the older one?

Thanks for any help.