Re: windows 10 disk clean up

Betsy Grenevitch

I would definitely be interested in something like that if it is easy to find on the site. I have never been that great with websites and now with memory problems it is even more difficult. Thanks so much for all you do.

On 1/22/2020 1:20 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi Betsy

You are welcome usually when I write stuff I like doing it step by step When that was typed up tonight it was on a windows 10 machine version 1909 but should be similar for earlier versions of Windows.

If you are interested in any of the other stuff I have written that way more for using NVDA on a desk top computer you can go to the following website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

I could tidy it up and post it up there under a page called nvda tutorials for other programs page. I did have a audio version up there but may be on the nvda tutorials learning the basics page or nvda audio tutorials page I would have to check.

Gene nz

On 22/01/2020 5:20 pm, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
Wow! Gene, I need you as a computer teacher. I did not even ask the question because I totally forgot about disk clean up.

You wrote the steps in the way I learn and write down steps. It is hard to find someone to do it that specific here where I live.

I have copied these steps and will be trying to do this tonight before going to bed.

Thanks so much again.

Hi

press the windows key and when the search box comes up type in disk it will come up with a result called disk cleanup/ Press the enter key on it. It will then come to another screen there you can pick your drive to do it to it is a combo box it will usually default to c: drive. You can use the down arrow key to go to another if you want to. What ever one you pick say c: drive you will then need to tab to ok button then press the enter key. It will then calculate how much can be cleaned up.

It will give you a list of areas it can clean up and say those areas. There is a check box next to each one. You can arrow down the list and use the space bar to check the box.

Down towards the bottom of the list you will then need to tab as the down arrow key will not take you any further.. If you tab once it will land on a system files button I think it was called. Press the enter key and repeate the process like before except this for will be for system files. Then at the bottom of the list you have selected all the ones you want removed you will then need to tab to the ok button then press the enter key.

It will then give you a message just say yes to it and then it will clean it up all for you.

Hope it helps.

Do not worry it will not remove any files only the ones you picked not needed.

Gene nz

On 22/01/2020 3:35 pm, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks,

Does anyone can explain to me how to use the windows 10 disk clean up
please?
Thanks in advance

Anthony

--