Re: windows 10 disk clean up

Betsy Grenevitch

I was actually a WindowEyes user and was not a great web surfer with that unless the links led to what I was looking for directly.

On 1/22/2020 2:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Web surfing has become quite standardized among popular screen-readers.  If you already know how to surf with JAWS, you will find some instances where something is different, but almost everything is either the same or very similar.  In other words, you can do most or almost all you did in NVDA working with web sites as you could with JAWS without reading the material.

Because many people are reluctant to try other screen-readers, it is important to keep such things in mind so you can tell prospective users about how similar so much of what you do is between JAWS and NVDA.  And a lot of what is done, regardless of screen-reader, is using programs and Windows commands which remain the same whatever screen-reader is being used.

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] windows 10 disk clean up

Hi

If you are a new user of NVDA and you have not tried surfing any websites the section in the user manual you will need to see is called browse mode it is section 6 also single letter navigation section 6.1 and the elements list 6.2 Plus I would start off with a easier type of website to navigate to get a idea of how they are layed out.

Those sections are found in the user manual use the nvda key + letter N to bring up the nvda menus then arrow down to help, then right to user manual then the press the enter key on that menu When the browser comes up then jump down by letter H for headings to those sections to read them.

I noticed the servers where my website was hosted were down so you could not access the website but seems to be up now.

The website of mine is easy to navigate you can jump around easily. the main page is setup in a table then after you go into a web page they are long pages but can be jumped through quickly by H for headings.

If you take a look you will know what I mean.

Gene nz

On 23/01/2020 3:02 am, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

At this point there is not a particular task I am trying to do. The only thing I would like to try to learn is how to shop on the Kroger website but with my memory issues I am not sure I even want to tackle something like that unless it is really simple. I will keep the link you sent for future reference, though.

On 1/22/2020 5:15 AM, Gene wrote:
Are you interested in tutorials about any specific programs?  It might be something to be discussed on the chat list, but you might get good recommendations.

Personal instruction could be discussed as well, but it may be expensive and certain tutorials may be.  Others are not expensive or free.

Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:20 PM

Wow! Gene, I need you as a computer teacher. I did not even ask the
question because I totally forgot about disk clean up.

You wrote the steps in the way I learn and write down steps. It is hard
to find someone to do it that specific here where I live.

I have copied these steps and will be trying to do this tonight before
going to bed.

Thanks so much again.

--
Betsy Grenevitch