Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

i wish that save web page as html only format.
if i save them in notepad, i lose all headings and links.
if i can save as html only, it preserves actual and related content
with headings and links withoutt extra informations that are not
related to the material that i want to read.
someone told me that i can use developer tools to do this, but i did
not learn and dont know whether its accessible with nvda or not.

On 1/24/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
It may not be a good idea to save things in Reader Mode even if you can.
Reader Mode does a good job of presenting something like an article while
stripping out extraneous material but, unless you have read the text you
will be saving first, you don't definitely know that it has done everything
correctly. If you haven't read everything first and want to take a chance,
then you may want to save the material. It probably will be alright but I
don't trust such processes, unsupervised, to always produce the results I
want and I don't want to save material processed in that way without having
read it first.

I tested saving a page as Web Page, HTML only. I didn't test other options;
This was with an old version of Firefox. The page didn't save properly. I
don't know what would have happened with other options.

Regardless of what you can or can't save in Reader View, I would think you
could save text in reader view by selecting all, control a, copy to the
clipboard, paste it into Notepad, and saving it. I didn't test that.