Re: nvda in safe mode

Jackie

System restore will not restore user files. It doesn't touch them. All
you'll do is make additional writes to your hard drive, rendering any
possibility of file recovery more problematic than it already is.

On 1/26/20, Oriana <@orineu> wrote:
I would recommend hiring or at least getting the advice of a local PC
repair technician, or if the PC is under warranty contacting the
manufacturer. As someone else said, it's a bad idea to do anything that
will cause writes to the hard drive. This may include system restore
(which, although ymmv, has never restored user files for me). The command
line definitely bypasses the recycle bin, so the only way i know of to
recover any of the files is to use one of the programs that takes advantage
of hardware limitations - when windows deletes a file, what it actually
does is delete the index indicating that the file exists. The data is still
stored on your hard drive, but windows can't tell that it's there, so it
will begin writing over the data. "Data Recovery" programs such as
CCleaner's Recuva (accessibility unknown, but it claims to be able to
restore data from even a reformatted drive, and it's free) will restore
those index files or copy the data over to USB drives/optical storage (CDs,
DVDs). I recommend the latter, obviously, in order to prevent Windows from
writing over the top of any file.

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 3:51 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I just did a little looking online. I found information relating to
using
cmd in XP but in the small amount of searching I did, nothing that
discussed Windows 10. But I don't see why this would have changed. The
del command in XP doesn't send files to the recycle bin. it just deletes
them. I read parts of one or two discussions about how to have files
sent
to the recycle bin when using cmd but they were for XP, and other old
versions of Windows. What is discussed may apply to Windows 10 but I
don't
know.

Evidently it isn't the use of a batch file that causes this behavior, as
thought, but use of the del command either manually entered or in a batch
file, if nothing is done to change this behavior.