Re: Reader mode in Chrome?

Oriana

The only single-file html I know i of is the .mhtml filetype, and it does sometimes create a folder of images that you can subsequently delete. However, if the issue you mentioned is breaking your ability to use the tool, and Mozilla changes how it handles files... well, its not like it will ever be rolled out to previous versions of Firefox. You might just have to find another option. If you can get Firefox updated at least to version 57, you might try the Browsh addon/browser, which apparently allows Firefox to serve as the backend of an entirely text-based browser (https://www.brow.sh/).

incidentally, since you haven't updated your browser for that long you may want to basically assume that it has been hacked, and that all data and web traffic through your PC is being monitored. A good web browser is like the skin of your computer - really good at preventing infections, but only if it remains unbroken. Firewall is the protective gear you wear like gloves and masks, and antivirus software is like your immune system. You can even use a rescue disc as if it were antibiotics for a severe infection... but viruses and hacks both are constantly evolving ways to penetrate and survive past these defenses.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020, 4:58 AM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
single web page produces numerous files, but i only need the text of
web pages, not images and scripts for example.
i reported this issue to mozilla,
and i realized it reported previously too.