Re: Using Open audible

Dale Leavens

Ron,

My bad!  When I went to the Open Audio Web Site there was no mention of any of this.  I couldn’t figure out why it was promoted as free while having a subscription option.

It turns out to be a way of piroting Audible books by converting them to MP3 format where they can be listened to by anyone.

If one has an Audible account and the Audible player I don’t understand the need for Open Audio unless to create files to distribute to others.

Admittedly the Audible App is a little peculiar but it does work well and although there isn’t a setting to share with family that I could find in the Canadian version of Audible I wrote to. Them about that and somehow they managed to connect my wife’s phone and our iPod to my account so all my Audible books are available on all three devices

My appologies, that was all my misunderstanding.

Cheers.

Dale Leavens
Cochrane Ontario Canada
.
Come visit our polar bears!

On Jan 27, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

 Hi Dale,

You said that Open Audible has nothing to do with audible.com.  If not, then why do I see my entire legal audible library when I run the program?  It asks me to use my audible log-in and password and I am able to see everything I ever downloaded or listened to.

On 1/27/2020 7:56 AM, Dale Leavens wrote:
There seems to be some confusion.

Open Audible has nothing to do with Audible.com or Audible.ca which are products of Amazon.

They have their own App and membership fees which of course isn’t then a free service.

Cheers.

Dale Leavens
Cochrane Ontario Canada
.
Come visit our polar bears!

On Jan 27, 2020, at 7:21 AM, Val Temp <val.paul2005@...> wrote:

Hi!

Before downloading open audible, do you have to sign into your audible account?

I tried to use open audible with the  instructions given yesterday, but when i did get it to open, there was a box as if you had to enter something, and i wasn't sure if you had to log in by entering the audible web address there.

Could you clear up this point for me please.

Val.

On 27/01/2020 12:06, Robert Kingett wrote:

Apparently, Libro.FM is only available to USA and Canada residents. If my affiliate link doesn't work above, try just going to the main URL and seeing if you can't access the site in the UK or elsewhere. Open Audible is an audible library manager and downloader/converter. It won't get rid of the, this is Audible! Announcement like Inaudible will, but Open Audible can download your whole library as a batch job and convert it to MP3, if desired. I like Inaudible better, but that one is very hard to find online.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"