Re: NVDA Skype hot key not working

P. Otter

hello, there is a hotkey to answer a call it is ctrl plus shift plus p
but remember, it works only when skype is on the front so you have to switch by pressing alt tab to skype and then that key works.
it's a pitty that it don't works in the system at all!
paul otter
Hi Luke

I know that short cut worked on skype 7 but can not recall it after that There are other versions of skype like the app version found on a windows 10 machine you mostly tab fort that one and the desk top version as well which is 8.4 I think it is.

I use the alt + 1 key I think it is and alt + 2 keys etc mostly and quick navigation keys in this version. It is like the version you are using?

Gene nz

On 28/01/2020 7:23 am, Luke Robinett wrote:
Hi folks,
First time asking a question here so feel free to direct me elsewhere if there’s a more appropriate venue for this topic. I did read the rules for what topics are permitted here and frankly the list of what not to post was lengthy and ambiguous so I’m a tad gun shy, but here goes. Lol.

According to the NVDA user guide, the Windows shortcut key for reviewingmessages in a Skype conversation is NVDA+Control and a numeric key, based on how far back in the message history you want to review. I’m trying that here at work in Skype for Business and I don’t get anything. Has anyone had better luck getting this to work? I can still tab into themessages and use the arrow keys to review messages, so this isn’t a show stopper, but it would be nice to have a faster way of reviewing messages.
Thanks,
Luke

.