Re: NVDA restarts when I go to Github page from Run dialog

Sarah k Alawami

No, as clearly stated, he is typing the whole address. Nvda appears to restart. Have you tired this with edge, or firefox? I believe you said you did this with chrome. Can you try whit with the control l, then typing in that address you gave? Also can you screen record this behavior so we may take a look at it? You can upload it to keybase or something so those of us with sight can look.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 28 Jan 2020, at 9:54, Gene wrote:

We need to be clear about what you are doing.  Are you talking about the run dialog, Windows key being held and r or the start menu search, press the windows key, then type something.  None of the behavior you are describing matches the run dialog.  Typing NVDA should produce an error message because you haven't typed the path to the folder containing the executable first.  Typing NVDAA should also present an error message.  Using the start menu may produce the results you are describing if you type something and the first result is something you want and you press enter on it.

As I said, you are running the NVDA executable, which I strongly suspect you are running from the start menu search.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA restarts when I go to Github page from Run dialog

You are running the NVDA exe file again.  NVDA is restarting.  NVDAA isn't running the exe file, though I don't seee why the browser would open, that isn't any sort of web site address.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 10:57 AM

Hello Brian,

I have used both Firefox and Google Chrome for this. At first I thought it was getting cut off as well, since NVDA will restart if you only type nvda into the run dialog, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. If I type nvdaa instead of nvdaa, it doesn’t restart, but goes on to open the browser with the corresponding webpage address. If I enter nvda instead, NVDA just restarts and nothing else happens. It only happens with NVDA, and no other applications that can be launched from the run dialog box.

So this is kind of bizarre. I’m not really sure why this would occur at all. I’ve never had trouble actually doing this before.

Nicolai

Sendt fra Mail til Windows 10