Re: NVDA restarts when I go to Github page from Run dialog

Rui Fontes

Curiously, if you use:

https://www.github.com/nvaccess/nvda

it works properly...

Without the "https://" NVDA restarts, and my default browser is Chrome...

Rui Fontes

Às 18:45 de 28/01/2020, Nicolai Svendsen escreveu:

Hi,

Just to summarize, so everyone is on point:

As I originally stated, both in the subject line and original post, entering www.github.com/nvaccess/nvda into the run dialog box, certainly using Win+R, causes NVDA to restart as if I had just entered nvdaa instead. It ignores everything else except nvdaa. This is the only application where this happens. Appending a second a after nvdaa causes the default browser to launch, showing the URL as www.github.com/nvaccess/nvdaa. So, the only case where it ignores the entire address is when nvdaa is entered following the / (slash), but anything else appended to nvdaa causes the entire entry to be recognized properly, with the URL obviously being incorrect then.

It doesn’t matter which browser is the default one. Just for the sake of humor, I did this using Microsoft edge Beta, Microsoft Edge, Google Crome, Mozilla Firefox and even Internet Explorer as default browsers. Nothing visually happens on screen. You’re just bounced back to the desktop, the dialog closes, and NVDA restarts. It also does not matter whether NVDA is already running or not when doing this. It turns out that NVDA launches regardless, even if you exit the application, right click the start button, click “Run”, then enter in www.github.com/nvaccess/nvda.

Also, it doesn’t have to be that particular addressor any address at all. As long as it ends with /nvdaa, it does this. Apparently, even if it is thisissuperweird/nvdaa or stopdoingthis/nvda.

Maybe that last one is a clue to somebody. If it isn’t, I’ll probably figure it out tomorrow when I get back to work and have multiple configurations to test and modify that isn’t my own. I reiterate that this only happens with NVDA, and no other application so far. Windows rightly doesn’t recognize thisissuperweird followed by anything else after a  (slash), except if it is nvdaa, no matter what it is I enter before it.

I don’t think I can make that any clearer or long-winded.

Nicolai

Sendt fra Mail til Windows 10