Re: windows 10 disk clean up

Well that is one way to do it.
The issue is it searches for and clears everything on all drives and that may not be necessary unless your system and your accounts are on different drives.

I have a win7 system like this.

However, the easiest way to handle that is to.

1.  type disk in search.

right click disk cleanup and run as admin.

If you have 2 drives, you may find the second drive may not have that much on it.

On the os drive, the most important things that will take space are.

1.  windows update and device drivers especially for display drivers you have installed.

My amd has frequent updates for its drivers.

2.  windows installations.

Only do that if you are happy with your build though and want to kill them.

They will kill themselves within a 10 day period.

At least that was what it was when I last looked into that.

Saying that, if you have one of those dinkey tablets with little space, you will probably want to immediately delete that so you can put everything back.

I honestly don't know how people can use 16-32-64gb windows tablets.

a 128gb is minimal in my book but people do use them somehow and I have no idea how.

On 23/01/2020 6:36 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Why not do cleanmgr /sageset / then cleanmgr /sagerun:1 as I do this all thet iem for my disk clean up. You can see many many hidden items that real disk clean up does not show you, and it sitll will not hurt your system. You do these from the run dialogue by the way.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 21 Jan 2020, at 19:10, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

press the windows key and when the search box comes up type in disk it will come up with a result called disk cleanup/ Press the enter key on it. It will then come to another screen there you can pick your drive to do it to it is a combo box it will usually default to c: drive. You can use the down arrow key to go to another if you want to. What ever one you pick say c: drive you will then need to tab to ok button then press the enter key. It will then calculate how much can be cleaned up.

It will give you a list of areas it can clean up and say those areas. There is a check box next to each one. You can arrow down the list and use the space bar to check the box.

Down towards the bottom of the list you will then need to tab as the down arrow key will not take you any further.. If you tab once it will land on a system files button I think it was called. Press the enter key and repeate the process like before except this for will be for system files. Then at the bottom of the list you have selected all the ones you want removed you will then need to tab to the ok button then press the enter key.

It will then give you a message just say yes to it and then it will clean it up all for you.

Hope it helps.

Do not worry it will not remove any files only the ones you picked not needed.

Gene nz

On 22/01/2020 3:35 pm, anthony borg wrote:

Hi folks,

Does anyone can explain to me how to use the windows 10 disk clean up
please?
Thanks in advance

Anthony