Re: In-build dual voice in NVDA 2019.3 and above

Hi mary you are absolutely right on the former.

I only read english.

And I really find it a bit disjointed with different synths speaking different parts of things or different voices in a synth speaking different things.

I do know a couple other languages but I don't use them on the computer.

I like high quality voices for books, and games and a few things.

However robotic voices like orpheus synthetic, eloquence and espeak are what I go for speed and performance.

I don't need to understand everything voice wize unless its a book and it all loads faster.

I also don't like where voices change to different things while I brouse a page.

But yeah, english is my ownly language I actively use.

On 30/01/2020 1:10 pm, Mary Otten wrote:

Shawn,

One synthesizer is enough?

Spoken like a guy who does not read languages other than English, or like a guy who is lucky enough that the synth of choice works equally well for all languages of interest.

Mary

On 1/29/2020 4:04 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hmmm I don't see any reason of switching of any sort weather it be dialect, language unless its to another language or voice.

While testing supernova, I have for example found that testing with a lower quality but performance rich voice works a lot better than fiddling with well all sorts of things.

I think its a bit disjointed to switch synths for all sorts of things.

1 synth is enough.

On 30/01/2020 12:00 pm, Timei wrote:
Hello. I think that everyone knows about such a wonderful and unique addition as Dual voice for automatic switching of voices to sapi 5.
Unfortunately, the developer has long ceased support for the addon and does not get in touch. since 2019.3 requires Python 3, this addon does not work anymore with new versions of nvda.
why not make support for automatic sapi 5 voice switching inside nvda? especially since the source code of the addon is.