Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

Quentin Christensen

Yes it should be.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:29 PM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin

This is noted. I appreciate of your diligent response
but before I letting off you go for this topic. I still have one more question from you. Smile.
Since we are close to stable phase of the nvda 2019.3
would there be a chance that the addons for the Remote will be release at the same time?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the question.  Firstly, for everyone, We've pushed out a couple of pull requests to update NVDARemote for 2019.3, so that will be available for the stable version.

As to including NVDA Remote into NVDA itself, even though many users use it frequently and it is vital for some users, it is not something we are looking at bringing into core at this point, One reason for this is we have a number of users in corporate environments and we would get a lot of pushback from them (or their IT people at least) on updating NVDA to a version with that functionality.

The main thing is that the functionality will continue to be available going forward, even though at this point that will still involve the separate add-on.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin

Thanks for the info however, I have clarification to ask if you don't mind.
Even so, if we are almost in the stable build version would there be a chance that the addons of the Remote also to be part of the update?

Hi everyone,

As you are all quick off the mark, this isn't completely new news, but confirming that yes, NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 is now available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta3-now-available-for-testing/

This is slight progression from the previous beta so you shouldn't notice too many big changes - of course as always happens, as we move closer to the final release, we don't put as many big new features in, but rather try to ensure that everything is stable and fix bugs people have reported in previous betas.

If you do encounter any issues, please do report them: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues  If you could also clarify whether they are new issues or existing issues (which hadn't previously been reported) that would be really helpful - both are important to know about, but being able to pinpoint when something started being an issue helps narrow down where to look for a fix.

All things going well, this will be the last beta before the release candidate, which will be just before the final stable release.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen