Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Quentin

Confirmed when downloading the remote 2.2 add on there is no message now from the Microsoft antivirus so have upated to latest one for 2019.2.1

I disabled the add on updater it gave me a message like there were files missing or it was not compatibleI would have to check.

Thanks for alerting them or what ever you done so it was not pulled up as a trojen.

Gene nz

On 3/02/2020 2:43 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Re the NVDARemote addon being detected as a trojan - this issue was rectified by Microsoft last week (or earlier, but at least last week, a day or so after it was reported anyway) - it should be fine now.  I just downloaded it and it's not being detected as a trojan here.  If anyone is still having that problem, please do let me know.

Re the question about couldn't we make a version of NVDA with Remote built-in and one without.  Theoretically, sure, although essentially that would be similar to now where you can download NVDA (as is) to have the version without Remote, and download the NVDARemote add-on to have the functionality. I'm not saying we're not willing to change it, just that essentially users have the choice currently of whether they want the functionality.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 5:49 AM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

What you can do right now is turn off windows defender, unzip the addon into a empty folder, select all the files in that folder, and zip it back up then rename the file to nvda-addon.

Make sure you zip up the files and not make a new folder and zip that up because it won't work then.

Anyway after you do that, it works.

Its a bit more to do but it seems to fix it.

The only thing that makes sence is its the zipping program used, but who knows.

I have always used 7zip for zip and unzip opperations and use the 7z format for most things these days as do my friends.

On 31/01/2020 1:11 am, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Should I then ignore the warning that Windows Defender is giving when it blocks the latest NVDA remote, claiming that there is a severe trojen?

My drinking team has a bowling problem.

Check out Family times on TuneIn or at this address:

http://www.wrighthere.net                                               

Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

And it is not possible to make what Freedom Scientific have made?

One version with remote access and another without?

That way the companies and institutions can install the version without remote access while the majority of users will install the complete version with the remote access...

Rui Fontes

Às 04:29 de 30/01/2020, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

Hi, Quentin

This is noted. I appreciate of your diligent response
but before I letting off you go for this topic. I still have one more question from you. Smile.
Since we are close to stable phase of the nvda 2019.3
would there be a chance that the addons for the Remote will be release at the same time?

On 1/30/2020 11:36 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the question.  Firstly, for everyone, We've pushed out a couple of pull requests to update NVDARemote for 2019.3, so that will be available for the stable version.

As to including NVDA Remote into NVDA itself, even though many users use it frequently and it is vital for some users, it is not something we are looking at bringing into core at this point, One reason for this is we have a number of users in corporate environments and we would get a lot of pushback from them (or their IT people at least) on updating NVDA to a version with that functionality.

The main thing is that the functionality will continue to be available going forward, even though at this point that will still involve the separate add-on.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin

Thanks for the info however, I have clarification to ask if you don't mind.
Even so, if we are almost in the stable build version would there be a chance that the addons of the Remote also to be part of the update?

On 1/30/2020 8:49 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi everyone,

As you are all quick off the mark, this isn't completely new news, but confirming that yes, NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 is now available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta3-now-available-for-testing/ 

This is slight progression from the previous beta so you shouldn't notice too many big changes - of course as always happens, as we move closer to the final release, we don't put as many big new features in, but rather try to ensure that everything is stable and fix bugs people have reported in previous betas.

If you do encounter any issues, please do report them: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues  If you could also clarify whether they are new issues or existing issues (which hadn't previously been reported) that would be really helpful - both are important to know about, but being able to pinpoint when something started being an issue helps narrow down where to look for a fix.

All things going well, this will be the last beta before the release candidate, which will be just before the final stable release.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--

Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.