Re: NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 now available

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Quentin

Confirmed when downloading the remote 2.2 add on there is no message now from the Microsoft antivirus so have upated to latest one for 2019.2.1

I disabled the add on updater it gave me a message like there were files missing or it was not compatibleI would have to check.

Thanks for alerting them or what ever you done so it was not pulled up as a trojen.

Gene nz

On 3/02/2020 2:43 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Re the NVDARemote addon being detected as a trojan - this issue was rectified by Microsoft last week (or earlier, but at least last week, a day or so after it was reported anyway) - it should be fine now.  I just downloaded it and it's not being detected as a trojan here.  If anyone is still having that problem, please do let me know.

Re the question about couldn't we make a version of NVDA with Remote built-in and one without.  Theoretically, sure, although essentially that would be similar to now where you can download NVDA (as is) to have the version without Remote, and download the NVDARemote add-on to have the functionality. I'm not saying we're not willing to change it, just that essentially users have the choice currently of whether they want the functionality.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 5:49 AM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

What you can do right now is turn off windows defender, unzip the addon into a empty folder, select all the files in that folder, and zip it back up then rename the file to nvda-addon.

Make sure you zip up the files and not make a new folder and zip that up because it won't work then.

Anyway after you do that, it works.

Its a bit more to do but it seems to fix it.

The only thing that makes sence is its the zipping program used, but who knows.

I have always used 7zip for zip and unzip opperations and use the 7z format for most things these days as do my friends.

On 31/01/2020 1:11 am, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Should I then ignore the warning that Windows Defender is giving when it blocks the latest NVDA remote, claiming that there is a severe trojen?

******

My drinking team has a bowling problem.

Check out Family times on TuneIn or at this address:

http://www.wrighthere.net