Re: Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.3: release schedule for next add-on releases in preparation for 2019.3 stable

David Ingram

b keystroke insert+r which I was told is the o c r scan. But the problem is that after I think that the scan is completed, I don't hear anything. That is different when I use jaws to perform the o c r scan I would at least hear different things like the list of buttons and the list of soft synths. I would appreciate any help that you can give in this reguard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Feb 3, 2020 11:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.3: release schedule for next add-on releases in preparation for 2019.3 stable

Hi all,

NVDA 2019.3 RC (release candidate) was declared, one of the final betas that will be identical to upcoming NVDA 2019.3 stable release unless critical issues emerge. Therefore I hereby announce the schedule for add-on releases from me that are NVDA 2019.3 compatible (or requires NVDA 2019.3):

  • Add-on Updater: version 20.02 will hit the air tomorrow. This is a mandatory update for all Add-on Updater users. Feature set is identical to latest version with localization updates and makes provision to support future NVDA releases. Also, 20.02.x will be the last version to support NVDA 2019.2.1 – a March release will require support for 2019.3 and later.
  • StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials: 20.02 release for these add-ons will be made available within 48 hours after 2019.3 stable is released. These add-ons require NVDA 2019.3 to install and function, and starting from 20.02, Windows 10 App Essentials will also require Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update/build 18362).

As for other add-ons such as Resource Monitor, no 20.02 releases for them at the moment; note that all of them require NVDA 2019.3.

Special notice for DictationBridge users: version 1.1, compatible with NVDA 2019.3, will be released by end of this week.

Related to this: if you visit community add-ons website and select any of my add-ons, you’ll see a link to download an older release supporting NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier. These links will be removed 30 days after NVDA 2019.3 stable version is released.

Cheers,

Joseph