NVDA not so laggy on File Explorer

David Griffith

Just to say that my initial feedback on installing NVDA 19.3 RC2 is that there has been a dramatic improvement in the lag that plagued  previous installations of NVDA when trying to open large file directories in Windows file Explorer (Windows 10 19.09 ).  This problem appears to have pretty much disappeared so far. I used to have to use the work around of loading Narrator to review file names in a windows explorer  window until NVDA would catch up and start talking again.

This was not a problem with other screenreaders.

It appears now that is also not a problem with NVDA – I don’t know if this was an anticipated improvement but I thought I would report it anyway.

David Griffith