Re: NVDA not so laggy on File Explorer

Sarah k Alawami

I have a portable copy I'm going to try tonight. I do use some add ons such as OBJ pad etc. Is there a page thatlists the add ons that already work with 19.3 so when it comes time to install into a full copy, I can just uninstall the portable and go make a real copy? Or can I make a real copy from a portable copy of nvda..

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 4 Feb 2020, at 13:41, Quentin Christensen wrote:

David,

Thanks for the report, glad things are working as they should again!

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 11:31 PM David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

Just to say that my initial feedback on installing NVDA 19.3 RC2 is that there has been a dramatic improvement in the lag that plagued  previous installations of NVDA when trying to open large file directories in Windows file Explorer (Windows 10 19.09 ).  This problem appears to have pretty much disappeared so far. I used to have to use the work around of loading Narrator to review file names in a windows explorer  window until NVDA would catch up and start talking again.

This was not a problem with other screenreaders.

It appears now that is also not a problem with NVDA – I don’t know if this was an anticipated improvement but I thought I would report it anyway.

David Griffith

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager