From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 7:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New member having issues with NVCA.

Hi Connie

I am guessing nvda has been installed to your computer so when you
downloaded the file and clicked on it you chose the first option to
install to your computer.

If you have not used nvda before it is the alt key + ctrl key + the
letter N to start your copy of nvda.

To get into your preferences of nvda where you can make changes like
speed etc use the nvda key + the letter N

To quit your copy of nvda use the nvda key + the letter Q

If nvda is running you can quickly get to the voice settings by useing
the following keys combo nvda key + ctrl key + the letter V

The first option will be for the synth package under windows 10 the
default is e speak and windows 10 default is windows one core voices.
There is a change button just under neath cclick on it it is a combo box
and see what is there if one core is there pick it It will then default
back to the menu and you can then go down the list like voice you can
pick a voice it is a combo box again but it will be on the package how
many there are there.

Pick one that is nice to listen to.

There other option under that will be speed it is a slider use the left
and right arrow keys to speed up or slow down nvda The left arrow keys
is slower and the right is faster.

You can then go down to apply and ok button and click on them.

You might as well see under the synths section what other packages are
there you might like but it will be the section under neath on the voice
settings where you can hear some of those voices.

Any how if you are interested I have put together a website called
accessibilitycentral.net which can be found at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

It will help you to use nvda this is more for a desk top user as most
people are.

By the way I forgot to mention the nvda key depending which one you
chose can be the insert key, the extended insert key or the caps lock
key. Use one that you chose say to quit nvda for example insert key +
the letter Q.

hope this helps

Gene nz

On 6/02/2020 8:54 am, Connie Mohney wrote:
Good afternoon all,
My name is Connie.
My son and I downloaded NVDA yesterday. I thought we had saved a voice I
liked and could understand. Unfortunately we didn't. Could I have
assistance getting the voice back I can understand please? I need step by
step directions as I'm not familiar with this screen reader. Thank you in
advance for your responses.
Connie