Acapela sounds with NVDA addon, do they work?

John Isige

Hi all. I'm trying the Acapela addon. I found the following post.

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/blog/2017/01/12/is-your-acapela-voice-laughing-or-crying-with-nvda/

My builtin.dict in c:\program files (x86)\nvda looks like this.

#break up words that use a capital letter to denote another word
([a-z])([A-Z])    \1 \2    1    1
#Break away a word starting with a capital from a fully uppercase word
([A-Z])([A-Z][a-z])    \1 \2    1    1
#Break words that have numbers at the end
# ((?:(?=\D)\w)+)(\d+)    \1 \2    1    1

However, I hear no sounds, I just get "number cry zero one number",
that's all spelled out in case somebody does have sounds working. As far
as I can tell, I've edited the dictionary file correctly, or at least,
according to their post. So has anybody gotten this working? I mean,
it's not the end of the world if it doesn't, it just sounds like it's
supposed to be a working feature, and it doesn't appear to be, at least
for me. Is there some other dictionary file I need to edit or something?
This is in NVDA 2019.2.1, Acapela 1.5, I figure I won't worry about the
version for 2019.3 until 2019.3 is out, since I'm just trying it out
anyway. I've tried Ryan and Sharon, both 22 KHz and HQ, and Rona 22 KHz.
They all read the same way.