Re: Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer wanting to verify the license with new version?

Simone Dal Maso

Il 06/02/2020 13:11, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
No, Simone, the only NVDA update causing problems in renewing the license is this one from Python 2 to Python 3.
In fact Rui, I agree with you, and this is the matter, because users don't expect to have problems. They know that their screen reader update and generally no problems occour.
Anyway, the only thing I can do is sending an email that advise users to be really carefully before updating the screen reader.

Best regards,
Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.
Às 11:52 de 06/02/2020, Simone Dal Maso escreveu:

Il 06/02/2020 12:00, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:
Well if you want to update windows you need to deactivate and reactivate anyway.
Yes, but a thing is for example changing the computer. You change pc, or you want to format, and you know that you should be very careful with your data and license.
Another thing is when your screen reader updates.
This operation is made 2 3 times in a year and users
 make the operation without troubles or thoughts.
Users don't expect that the voices stop talking!

I don't know how we're going to handle this.

Its why I spent the extra cash and got the sapi licences last year.

True this meant I had to pay 185 dollars us for both synths eloquence and vocaliser, however the only time I need to deactivate is if the system dies which doesn't happen often or at least I hope it doesn't and when windows updates on feature updates.

Which is twice a year.

I need to deauth my itunes anyway every time to avoid issues so its not a big issue and it doesn't effect anything really.

Atguys are a good reseller anyway.

Now I would assume I'd have to deactivate every nvda update if things changed and since thats like every 3 months thats 6 times, and thats to many.

Plus I can use my voices for everything else.

On 6/02/2020 11:34 pm, Simone Dal Maso wrote:

Il 05/02/2020 15:52, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
Maybe it will not possible...
So do you think that also Codefactory will have the same problems?
All expressive vocalizer users of NVDA, regardless of the reseller, will have to update manually the license, doing the procedure to cancel and reactivate?

I want to cry!

The encriptation and encoding process are different fron python 2 to python 3...

Rui Fontes

Às 10:53 de 05/02/2020, Simone Dal Maso escreveu:
Hello,
if I have to be honest, I'm desperate about just this thing!
I wish that day would never come.
 From what I understand, it is necessary to cancel the old activation,
update NVDA and the Vocalizer driver and then reactivate it.
I really hope that things have improved, because if the license is not
renewed automatically, I foresee a disaster. There are many elderly
people who have no idea of ​​their credentials, as long as the
computer speaks. Set it up once and away.
Over the years someone has certainly lost the data, in short, I really
pray to Rui Fontes and the developers

to make renewal of the license as simple as possible.
ps: this message is translated on fly with google translate, hope it is clear.

I’ve several Spanish-speaking friends with legal Tiflotecnia Vocalizer
voices, who when they want to upgrade their’s, it with NVDA2019.3 RC, a
dialogue about verifying license pops up, and I worry that it’ll happen here
at my end when the time comes to upgrade! What is recommended if this
arises?

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

.