Re: Chrome, Firefox and thunderbird missing after NVDA upgrade to current release

Jason White

What happens if you scan that drive for errors? Check the system for malware using Windows Defender or whatever other tool you have on hand.

´╗┐On 2/6/20, 07:43, "Dennis Clark" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of dennis@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
Approximately 2 weeks ago I installed Windows 10 and the NVDA beta 2 on
the 2 computers that my wife and I use. Windows 10 was a full fresh
install, not an upgrade. Since then NVDA beta has been updated a couple
of times, and has been working well. Today I let NVDA automatically
install the current non beta release 2019.3rc3. I suspect that there is
no connection, but a few hours after NVDA updated, my wife noticed that
the links on her desktop for Firefox, Chrome, and Thunderbird no longer
worked. When selected, the error states something to the effect that the
referenced file could not be found. I then looked on her C drive in the
Program files and program files x86 folders to find the programs
manually, and they are no longer present. I doubt that this had anything
to do with the NVDA update and is simply coincidence, but I'm at a loss
though to figure out what happened to the installed programs. Please
share your ideas as to what you think may be going on here. The C drive
is a solid state drive, and perhaps it is becoming defective? The second
computer which has identical hardware and software and NVDA updates is
working well. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dennis