different voices in NVDA

Davy Cuppens

Please people do change subjects on ongoing threads. For a long time now this hread has been changing about voices and not a nvda release.
Davy

Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2020 5:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 is released

Hi

The real voice is in the audio tutorials on the website of mine english speaker only.

it just has a kiwi twang.

Gene nz

On 6/02/2020 3:27 pm, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Gene NZ,

I'll try out the Gene voice. It does sound nice.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi

Have you tried out the Gene voice or the gene 2 voice which is a bit higher they are nice to listen to. To tell the truth I mostly use Gene there is no echo etc.

Gene nz

On 6/02/2020 1:04 pm, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

I agree. Max and female 5 are my two favorite voices. They're the clearest ones.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:01 PM

, I too am using the Max voice.  I’m happy with it.  I can put $70 to a grocery bill instead of a voice I don’t really need. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: February 5, 2020 3:57 PM

Hi, Arleen,

I agree that espeak does sound so much better on windows 10. I don't need any other voices either. I'm using the Max voice one right now. What one do you use? Just wondering.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:54 PM

Josh! I like what windows ten has done to E Speak for NVDA!  I’m happy with it and liking it!  I thought the NVDA developers who created E Speak worked E speak to work better with win ten!  E Speak did improve in win 7.  But win ten made E speak sound even better!  Not worth complaining about.  I just configured E speak to my liking. I don’t need no other voices.  I like what’s there! 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: February 5, 2020 3:35 AM

You guys are complaining about spending $70 on a voice? I remember when you had to spend $200 or more likely $500 for a good voice like decTalk or keyNote gold. So why are you complaining? If you have windows10, the oneCore voices work excellent and support many languages. ESpeak also sounds good if you set its voice correctly or the way you like it. And that $70 from www.atguys.com gives you both eloquence with all its voices and vocalizer with all of its voices. So $70 is a really really good deal as far as buying voices is concerned.

Josh

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.