Re: NVDA and Bandcamp.

George McCoy

Good luck with that, John.  Maybe you should contact Mozilla and ask why version 72.0.2 doesn't work with Bandcamp and NVDA.  I suspect that, by the time they get back to you, if they ever do, the album you want to preview will be long gone.

I was able to play the song to which your link pointed with the version of edge that comes with windows 10 1909.

George

On 2/6/2020 1:19 PM, John Isige wrote:
Which Edge, the one that comes with Windows or the new chrome version? I
have the one that comes with Windows. I could install Chrome I guess, or
use Edge. But considering that Firefox works with everything else, I
don't see why I should have to install/use another browser just for this
one site.

I mean, if that's what I have to do, I will. I'm just saying, I'd like
to know why it doesn't work before I do that, because I can't see any
reason why it shouldn't work. It worked before after all. Thanks for
checking, I'm happy that there's a solution. It just bothers me to throw
up my hands and go, that thing doesn't work, better use something else,
when I can't see why the thing doesn't work. If for instance Edge and
Chrome supported audio playback and Firefox didn't for some reason, OK,
there you go, you have to use another browser. I'm off to check Edge,
seriously, thanks! Huh! I guess it's the new chrome version of Edge,
because I couldn't get it to work with the Edge in 1909 at all. So yeah.
I'd really like to avoid installing a totally new browser for one single
site, if I can help it.

On 2/6/2020 12:35, George McCoy wrote:
John,

Unfortunately, we now live in an age where one browser just doesn't
fit all sites.

Do you have any other browsers available?

I can't click the play/pause button with the latest firefox either,
but I can click it with google chrome, Microsoft Edge and brave.

George

On 2/6/2020 11:49 AM, John Isige wrote:
I know I've asked about this before, but since I just got another
thing I want to check out and can't, here goes again.

I'm using latest Firefox, 72.0.2, and NVDA 2019.2.1. What I used to
do to make things play on Bandcamp was get to the play button, hit
NVDA-numpad-slash, and then numpad-slash to play. That doesn't work
anymore. Here's the thing I'm trying to check out.

https://etrandelair.bandcamp.com/album/music-from-saharan-whatsapp

If anybody knows/figures out a way to get these tracks to play, I'd
really appreciate knowing about it. I used to check stuff out all the
time and I can't now. It's really frustrating, especially in a case
like this where the albums are only going to be available for a month
and then disappear. I can't figure out if I want to buy them or not
if I can't hear them.