Re: NVDA and Bandcamp.

George McCoy

With firefox 72.0.2, down arrow takes me to a clickable that sends me off somewhere else on the page but does not play the song.  A second and third down arrow show me the previous and next track buttons, neither of which can be clicked with firefox and nvda.  Maybe I'll try it with Narrator when I have a spare moment.

George

On 2/6/2020 1:40 PM, Gene wrote:
You may never know.  Things change, something may have changed in how the browser works and it may be a technical change that would require a lot of technical knowledge about the browser to explain the cause, far beyond the knowledge of list members.  Having said that, I have yet to look at the site with the latest version of Firefox.  I'll look on my Windows 7 machine later today.  But out of curiosity, I looked at it with a quite old version of Firefox.  I found that there is a play/pause button and that, if I down arrow once, there is another button.  Pressing the space bar on this button starts play.  So go to the play pause button and down arrow once or twice.  Do you see the second button?

From: John Isige
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2020 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Bandcamp.

Which Edge, the one that comes with Windows or the new chrome version? I
have the one that comes with Windows. I could install Chrome I guess, or
use Edge. But considering that Firefox works with everything else, I
don't see why I should have to install/use another browser just for this
one site.

I mean, if that's what I have to do, I will. I'm just saying, I'd like
to know why it doesn't work before I do that, because I can't see any
reason why it shouldn't work. It worked before after all. Thanks for
checking, I'm happy that there's a solution. It just bothers me to throw
up my hands and go, that thing doesn't work, better use something else,
when I can't see why the thing doesn't work. If for instance Edge and
Chrome supported audio playback and Firefox didn't for some reason, OK,
there you go, you have to use another browser. I'm off to check Edge,
seriously, thanks! Huh! I guess it's the new chrome version of Edge,
because I couldn't get it to work with the Edge in 1909 at all. So yeah.
I'd really like to avoid installing a totally new browser for one single
site, if I can help it.