Re: NVDA and Bandcamp.

George McCoy

That's very cool, John.  I'm happy to hear that you can use the site again with your favorite browser.

George

On 2/6/2020 4:22 PM, John Isige wrote:
Thanks Gene! That works just fine. But interestingly, it's not only
unlabeled, it just reads as "blank" for me, it doesn't show up as a
button. That's probably why it never occurred to me to try it. Now I
just have to remember all of the stuff I saw on the site but couldn't play.

On 2/6/2020 13:59, Gene wrote:
I just checked using the latest version of Firefox and the interface
is the same.  Down arrow past the play/pause button and use the space
bar on the unlabeled button which will play and pause.
*From:* John Isige <mailto:gwynn@...>
*Sent:* Thursday, February 06, 2020 11:49 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* [nvda] NVDA and Bandcamp.

I know I've asked about this before, but since I just got another thing
I want to check out and can't, here goes again.

I'm using latest Firefox, 72.0.2, and NVDA 2019.2.1. What I used to do
to make things play on Bandcamp was get to the play button, hit
NVDA-numpad-slash, and then numpad-slash to play. That doesn't work
anymore. Here's the thing I'm trying to check out.

https://etrandelair.bandcamp.com/album/music-from-saharan-whatsapp

If anybody knows/figures out a way to get these tracks to play, I'd
really appreciate knowing about it. I used to check stuff out all the
time and I can't now. It's really frustrating, especially in a case like
this where the albums are only going to be available for a month and
then disappear. I can't figure out if I want to buy them or not if I
can't hear them.