Re: Windows defender marking NVDA a trojan

Is there any way we can present all the stuff which is being detect as a virus or something to the industry or someone and tell them its not?

Bgt programs are well known, a few older programs, and the like.

However this starts getting serious when a lot of our stuff is misreported.

It seems that all accessible software is some sort of virus I know some are not as sinicle as me, but on the systems I admin with only the screen reader on them, no virus issues here I have so much false malware I can't even run a scan.

Its nice that something is automatically detecting the latest threat, but so many false possitives.

I know if it happens to some big companies they threaten to sue and the problem suddenly stops.

But I see no way to directly contact all these companies and say enough is enough.

The only way to fix this is work round it.

That means more places malware could potentially go.

Not a good solution.

What is really needed, is to have someone look at all these misdetections and see why its happening.

Its not just microsoft and malwarebytes its just about every engine from avg to antivir, to avast, to norton, to just about everything else.

So everyone must be using some sort of database from some source.

As a user I can exclude things which bypasses the problem but I don't feel good about doing that.

Neither do I feel good about having to reload something because of a issue that is not mine either.

But I'm just a user that barely understands some of the software just that it works.

This issue has plagued me and a few others I know for years.

This rant and ramble comes up every year.

Somewhere someone will mention it, either here, a forum, an email to me or a blog post and I say the same things.

Nothing gets done or can be done maybe?

Every time I ask questions but get no answers.

As A user I would vary much like to do something about it.

But what can I do.

Well report the file but if they are bigger than allowed report, and to send it to the cloud it just gets canned, hmm.

The only solution I can see is get someone to remote in and show them all the files I have excluded and why, but um, I don't know how to go about it.

Support desk is full of scripted drones.

I wouldn't trust them with my computer not after last year anyway.

On 7/02/2020 7:36 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
I got an automated email back from Microsoft saying they'd concluded the file was not malware.  Hopefully that resolution filters through fairly quickly.

My system is still flagging the file as malicious even though I've tried updating the virus definitions.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 5:03 PM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin,

I'm on a windows 10 computer and I'm not having this issue.

Rosemarie