Re: Windows defender marking NVDA a trojan

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 05:04 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
If it wants to flag them as "suspicious because XYZ" (and give reasoning) that's one thing, but don't categorically assert it's a virus when you don't know that.

If they were to do that, many would ignore the warning (if they could).   This happens.  It will always happen.  Organizations such as NVAccess report (as do users) and it gets resolved.  The system isn't perfect, but I'd prefer the occasional false positive to a single false negative.

Someone such as yourself, Quentin, certainly knows that error messages of any sort are not typically very refined in what they present.  Ideally, they'd be a lot more descriptive and accurate, but I'm not holding my breath.

       ~ Madonna