Re: Windows defender marking NVDA a trojan

Ron Canazzi

Hi Quenton,

In addition, I always have Defender set to update to the latest version.  I have had odd issues with it in the past.  If you are familiar with Steve's Clock, Defender flagged that consistently.  Even after I allowed it under Defender settings, every time Windows updates, it flags it again.  I had to go into the settings and manually exempt the Steve's clock folder from Defender scans.  Even then, it always brings up User Account Control when I run it.  It never comes up in start up--even though I have it set to run at start up.  I have reported this to both the program developer and Microsoft with no change.  I  am glad that this isn't happening with NVDA on my system.

I believe this only affects Windows 10 at this stage?  Perhaps Rosemarie and Ron are using Windows 7?  Or their Defender hasn't updated to the latest definitions maybe?

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I also do not have this issue with RC3.

Hi, Quentin,

I'm not having this problem on my system. I'm using espeak but I wonder if I should use something else just to be on the safe side.

Rosemarie