Re: NVDA not coming on when I start the computer

Betsy Grenevitch

It is possible there is a setting that I set incorrectly that affects whether NVDA starts automatically on the laptop? Is there such a setting that I need to check. That is the only thing that I can think would have changed. It is not a major issue but I used the sound of NVDA starting to tell me when the laptop was up.

On 2/7/2020 9:55 AM, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:
Well, since when you "restart" NVDA it is working normally for you, it sounds like you don't have a major issue with speech being completely disabled. I can assure you that Microsoft Teams will work with NVdA, so you don't need to worry about that. Are you sure that NVDA has actually started? Do you hear the Startup chime from NVDA? If you are hearing that chime but never get voice until starting NVDA from the run menu, then your best bet is to get the log file from NVDA and have somebody review it for errors.
Also, you might want to confirm with folks what NVDA Add ons you are running.
--
Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876