From: Rajmund
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Possible keyboard echo issues, can anyone confirm or deny, please?

1) No, it doesn't happen anywhere else. 2) When I send the email, it looks fine, and it's fine when reading, too. 3) Yes, I can.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

On 3 Aug 2016, at 12:13 am, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Can you confirm please:

1) Is this happening in any other program (eg notepad, Word etc)
2) Is the text actually being corrected (ie if you copy the text into say notepad, is the letter you thought you deleted there or not)
3) Can you perform the same correction in other programs (eg notepad)

And yes, if anyone else is running the same setup and confirm whether they are also having this issue, that would be great.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Rajmund <brajmund2000@...> wrote:
Hi All,
First, I can not be sure of this, as I have not played with it, so if this is  normal, please forgive me. But, if it is normal, it certainly is annoying. But, in case it is not normal, here's what's happening.
I have installed windows live mail 2009, the one with the menus, on windows 10. NVDA 2016.2.1, I think. I have tried this with the acapella demo, and a few others. Now, say you're writing a message, and you make spelling mistakes. For example, instead of an  l, you write a k. No problem, you backspace. But, at last, when you finish the word, and,  press space, speech will say hekloo or helklo, or wherever you got the k instead of the l, instead of hello.  In other words, despite the fact that I have deleted k, the k is still pronounced by speech. I've not tried eSpeak yet, but, honestly, when I played with outlook 2010 a little yesterday, I can't recall outlook doing the same, and I have to admit, if it has, I'm pretty sure others would have raised it by now.
So my questions:
1) Is this a bug, or normal?
2) Is there some sort of a work around, other than changing clients?
Thanks!

Sent from a Braille Sense

--
Quentin Christensen