Re: Alpine and Pico (fwd)

Christopher Gray

Hi Ben:

I appreciate your willingness to help. I can probably send you the install software you need and will check on this, perhaps writing you off list if that's ok.

I don't think this is a hard job or an unreasonable request for this reason. Developers at both Virgo/Cobra and Window-Eyes did have to accommodate Alpine and Pico many years back. In both cases, the developers there told me this was a trivial fix/change and took less than an hour to implement.

Of course, things could be different today in NVDA's means of doing things. However, I still don't think it is unreasonable to ask that this at least be examined.

Chris

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, ben via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi Chris,

i am not an NVDA developer, so I might be completely wrong, but I think this might be harder than you think to fix. The main problem you have is Pico and Alpine are hard to find online. At least I can't find Windows ports. Also, it depends if these programs are command line based as they are on Linux, or are they actual graphical versions. I have used Alpine and Nano under Linux, but it has been a while. If I can find the Windows versions, I will take a look and I will test them with a couple other screen readers.

I wish I could help more; you might have better luck filing an issue on GitHub.

Ben

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.