Re: Alpine and Pico (fwd)

Christopher Gray

Alpine is extremely accessible under Windows. There are 2 or 3 settings you must change, otherwise it's excellent.

Chris

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, Ron Canazzi via Groups.Io wrote:

How well does Alpine work for Windows?  I believe I tried it and its predecessor Pine and it wasn't very accessible.

On 2/7/2020 12:31 PM, Christopher Gray wrote:
Hi and thanks for the response.

I am using it on Windows 7 and Windows 10 on two different computers.
Alpine version is 2.20.

I invoke Alpine from the Windows command line and not through a terminal
program.

Chris

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020, Tyler Spivey via Groups.Io wrote:

What version of alpine are you running, on what operating system? Are you using it through a terminal program or native?
On 2/7/2020 9:12 AM, Christopher Gray wrote:
 Hi:
 I've asked for some assistance about the issue below twice now, once last
 June, again Wednesday.  If there is a better list or means of asking than
 this list, just let me know that.
 I could be wrong but this really shouldn't be a difficult issue to
 diagnose. Alpine and Pico both worked quite well with Cobra and
 Window-Eyes.
 Chris
 Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:33:26 +0000
 From: Christopher Gray via Groups.Io <chris=moblind.org@groups.io>
 Subject: [nvda] Alpine and Pico
 Hi:
 I use two fairly old pieces of software:  the Alpine email client; the
 Pico text
 editor.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get this software to
 work
 with NVDA.  It only shows a blank screen for me.
 Pico is particularly portable and I'm betting that the two programs have
 the
 same screen issues since they were written by the same source.  I haven't
 attached it here but sending it via email should be very simple.
 Is there a way I can try to diagnose this?  Or, might somebody be willing
 look at this who knows more about thwat they are doing?
 Many thanks.
 Chris
 Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council
 of the Blind in
 your Will or Estate Plan?  Contact me as shown below and I can help you
 with this.
 Christopher Gray, Executive Director
 Missouri Council of the Blind
 5453 Chippewa
 St. Louis, MO 63109
 Phone:     (314) 832-7172
 Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
 Fax:       (314) 832-7796
 Like Jazz?  Want to know more about jazz?
 Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice,
 Chris and Don.
 Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M.
 Pacific
 Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
 Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
 Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
 You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
 Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"