Re: EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Christo

This is Wally.

I hope you are well there.

I am trying.

The simplest way to deal with headers is to press alt+n+h and then navigate within the dialogue. In that way, you are sure the screen reader will respond without problems.

My JAWS sometimes freezes as well when I try and use the key combination sequence as you mentioned.

Remember, I am using JAWS 16 latest build, of course NVDA 16.2.1 in word 2010 and 2013.

It just happens that the screen reader sometimes does not behave as one expects.

Hope this may help.

Enjoy NVDA.

With respect

Moruthanyana Marisane Wally

Limpopo University

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 03 August 2016 12:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] EDITING HEADERS IN OFFICE 2010

Hi Christo

If you do the sequence to slow it will not focus in the right place. I tried it a little slow then quicker and when done quicly this time it landed in the same places a few times where I could edit the header. Once it has been edited and entered, then the escape key done It seems or is working correctly. and lands in the right spot to edit it. Doing the sequence slow will do as you said before.

By the way I am using nvda 2016.2 and word 2010 and windows 10.

Gene nz

On 2/08/2016 5:22 PM, Christo Vorster wrote:

Hi Group

We are using Office 2010 with NVDA 2016.2.1 for training at our college.

We have a problem with editing a header in MS Word. If you press the Office 2010 sequence, ALT, N, H, E, NVDA falls silent. It refuses to speak even after you pressed escape. If you make use of the 2003 sequence, ALT+V, H, there is no problem.

Could someone please assist us?

Thank you and regards

Christo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

-- 
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.