Re: Braille me and NVDA2019.3?

Jason White

I read an announcement some time ago about a new USB standard for braille devices. If I remember correctly, it was part of the HID standard.

If braille display manufacturers implement the standard, then many of these issues with screen reader compatibility will go away. I don't know which manufacturers plan to implement, however.

On 2/8/20, 10:55, "Buddy Brannan" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of buddy@...> wrote:

Dunno about that. Weren’t their assets purchased by another company not long after they went away in 2017-2018? So they may emerge again, but no idea when or what form that will take, if any.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy@...
Mobile: (814) 431-0962