Re: Serious problems with the latest Windows 10 update

Jason White

I didn’t encounter any problem – audio-related or otherwise - with the very latest (optional) Windows 10 1909 update after installing it. So, for my hardware, a Lenovo ThinkPad P51 laptop, it’s fine. The situation may be different for some other hardware.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 05:41
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Serious problems with the latest Windows 10 update

I'm posting this message here because it appears to be something very important for Windows 10 users to know.

Here we go again.  Another bad Windows update.  This article says you can solve the problems it causes by uninstalling the update but if it disables your sound, for blind users this could be far more trouble than for a sighted user.  The article doesn't say whether USB sound cards might work.  I hope so.

I've said before that I think people should wait for two or three days before installing Windows updates to see if they are safe.  Here is one more reason why.