Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Serious problems with the latest Windows 10 update

I wouldn't take a chance on this update, based on information in this article.

Here is a quote:

It’s now become apparent that the Windows 10 KB4532695 update has also introduced other serious problems, with Windows Latest reporting that users are complaining that as soon as they’ve installed the update, the sound stops working on their PC.
According to Windows Latest, one user on Microsoft’s community forum complained that “I installed the update Saturday afternoon and immediately the sound stopped working,” with Windows 10 now not recognising their speakers.
Not only is that incredibly annoying, but, rather worryingly, it seems the problem didn’t go away once the user uninstalled the update - and it even persisted after they performed a full reinstall

I don't think that problems that are widespread enough to receive the degree of attention this update has can be blamed, for the most part on user neglect or error.  True, this article says for some users.  How many is that?  I would imagine in beta testing, many bugs affect a minority of users, but they are real and are fixed.