From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf of Dale Leavens
Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2020 10:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Serious problems with the latest Windows 10 update

I was using Safari on my iPhone.

I am particularly interested because I cannot make my Windows 10 computer load up with Narrator so neither can I get NVDA and was wondering if the update might have something to do with it.

Cheers.

Dale Leavens

Cochrane Ontario Canada

.

Come visit our polar bears!

On Feb 9, 2020, at 7:36 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

If you saw the article in Spanish, that is evidently because you have automatic language detection on in NVDA and the page may be incorrectly tagged.  it is in English.  I don't use automatic language detection.  I'll let those who use it and know more about it discuss it further.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 6:28 PM

Did you mean to send a Spanish link?

That’s all I could get.

Cheers.

Dale Leavens

Cochrane Ontario Canada

.

Come visit our polar bears!

On Feb 9, 2020, at 7:20 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

See this article to get an explanation of why Windows updates have caused so much trouble.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 6:08 PM

It is an optional update.  it won't install unless you install it.  I don't know what messages you have from the thread.  I sent links to two articles or maybe three, that discuss the update by name.

Let us know if you don't have the messages.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 5:47 PM

What update version are we talking about? As we speak, I’m running Windows 10Ver1909 (64 bits) build 18363.592, and I haven’t had any sort of problems.

Let’s say that the update that’s causing problems for people as mentioned in the article, I never install it, preferring to wait for the next one. What’ll happen then? Is Windows 10 like iOS or Android that it installs the latest update skipping others before it?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10