Re: [finding styles in word 2016

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Quentin,

Thanks for this really comprehensive explanation!

The control+alt+number etc. are very useful and do meet the present need.

I tried the alt+shift+left arrow and this keeps the same heading 2 but changes the outline level  of heading2. Does this confuse the order of the headings?

I am trying to see what the Style Inspector and the style Manager are used for. I can see that the show or “hide until used” are set under the “recommended” tab in the properties of each style.

The styles only show up in my “Apply styles” window when they are actually assigned in the document.

I’ll do a bit more experimenting and get back when I have a better understanding of how all this works.

Thanks for getting me started!

All the best,

Cearbhall