Re: NVDA 2019.3 released

Tyler Spivey

My guess is you have one of the paid synths. Press NVDA+ctrl+s, w, enter and it should switch you to OneCore and you can debug from there, and complain to the manufacturer of the synth that their registration message is unclear and makes your computer unusable.

On 2/10/2020 8:52 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

On my laptop it updated just fine. On my desktop it is asking me to register. Register what? That is all that it says no matter what key I hit. Both pc’s are running windows 10 pro.

******

If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 8:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 released

Just thought I'd post this as it is a first for me:  NVDA would not update from the "in NVDA" update process.  It failed and said to see the log.

I downloaded the new installer and that worked perfectly, and without having to uninstall the existing NVDA installation.  I probably should have posted this before going that route, as I believe I've probably now overwritten the log.  However, if the log is appended to, and anyone on the development team would like for me to send them a copy, just let me know.  I won't likely be using NVDA at all additionally today so the log is going to remain however it happens to be at the moment.

As a completely unrelated aside, can anyone tell me why NVDA announces, "Switch to USB Dialog Adapter Combo Box," as the first thing after starting virtually every time?  I've grown used to it, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it thinks it has focus on such that this is what is announced.  And that quote is verbatim.

       ~ Madonna