Re: Donation Too nerve wracking

Roger Stewart

I just tried to download NVDA. I checked the one off donation for $30 and it took me to a button saying download. No matter what I do to this button, it does nothing at all. Hitting enter, pressing space bar, or routing mouse to it and using left mouse click.  The page just sits there. This used to take me right to PayPal and after entering my password, it accepted my donation and took me right back to continue to download and that was all there was to it.  Don't know why the download button isn't working, but it isn't Hope this problem can be fixed. I was able to check for update to NVDA and I got it that way but I wanted to get the actual installer file and I currently cannot do this.
Roger

On 2/10/2020 10:40 AM, Damien Garwood wrote:
Hi Robert,
Yes, I always thought NVAccess had their own custom form for donating as well, but admittedly I haven't been able to donate in some time due to financial issues and so I didn't know if perhaps it had been changed. In that case, the only thing I can think is that something somewhere else is going straight to PayPal (that's the only thing I can think of where that kind of problem occurs). I could be wrong though...
Cheers,
Damien.

On 10/02/2020 04:28 pm, Robert Kingett wrote:
I honestly have no idea what donate page you're going to, but the custom fields on the NV Access donate page has a default value of 50 for the monthly option. You can use your arrow keys to decrease or increase the amount. The buttons are clearly labeled, although, I'd remove that uses, donate a, fabulous, adjective at the beginning. That's my only gripe with it. The edit fields can be controlled with the up and down arrow keys, so I have absolutely no idea what donate page you're visiting. You're right, I didn't experience a fraction of the anxiety you experienced, at all.

Also, even with 1 touch login on PayPal, you still have to manually approve the purchase. It doesn't happen automatically. It just logs you in automatically to PayPal.