the NVDA 2019.3 version of Screen Curtain

Giles Turnbull

I really like the Screen Curtain addon and am glad it is now incorporated into NVDA, however ... I don't like that it is only enabled temporarily until the next restart. Unless I intentionally want to show somebody something on my laptop I would sooner the screen is not visible to anybody walking past.

Given that there is a setting to disable the warning notification about the screen being blank, is it not possible to allow the screen curtain to re-start when NVDA re-starts? This info on the old Screen Curtain addon page suggests it was intended to be possible: in case screen curtain is active when NVDA starts, a tone will be heard.

I was always happy with NVDA beeping to signify that Screen Curtain was active as NVDA started. It is a bit of a nuisance to need to remember that screen curtain has not automatically started and that I need to use the input gesture I have configured in order to activate the screen curtain.

Giles